Group Policy Scenario – Interactive Logon
You are administrator of habib.com domain. You have been asked to implement a group policy to all computers so that users should get an interactive Welcome screen with caution message, while logging into the systems.
Your message Title should be: Welcome
Your message Text should be: Please do not save files on desktop, please move it to my documents
Launch Group Policy management console in domain controller. Type GPMC.msc in run command and hit enter.
Create a new Group Policy Object, name it Interactive Logon Policy. Right Click it and select Edit.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>Security Options
- Here Select Interactive Logon: Message Text
- Double click it, check the box “Define this policy setting in the template”
- And enter your message in the text area and click OK
Similarly, select Interactive Long: Message Title, enable the policy, enter the Title and click OK
- Group policy has been configured, now you can close the console and run below command to update the policy.
- In run command type gupdate /force /boot /boot
- Once command is executed, log off from your domain controller system.
Verify your results by logging into a remote system. You should see the message in the logon window.
You can connect to us via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ServerGeeks