Installing Active Directory in Windows Server 2003
1. Log on as Administrator to the Server.
2. Check for the correct computer name and IP/Address.
Note: IP Address should be static. If you are planning to install DNS in the same machine then metion the server IP in the DNS IP field.
3. Click Start, and then click Run.
4. In the Run box, type “dcpromo” and then click OK.
6. On the Welcome to the Active Directory Installation Wizard page, click NEXT.
7. On Operating system compatibility Wizard page, click NEXT.
8. On the Domain Controller Type page, ensure that “Domain Controller
for a new Domain” is selected, and then click NEXT.
9. On the Domain Controller Type page, ensure that “Domain in new forest” is selected, and then click NEXT.
10. On the New Domain Name page, in the Full DNS Name for new domain text box, type the “Domain name” you want for your Organization and then click NEXT.
11. On the NetBIOS Domain name page, ensure that “Domain Name” appears and if Domain name doesn’t appear
Specify the NetBIOS name of the Domain name, and then click NEXT.
12. On the database and log locations page accept the default locations by clicking NEXT.
13. On shared system volume page accept the default locations by clicking NEXT.
14. If you want to install DNS in the same server then On DNS Registration Diagnostic Select “Install and configure the DNS server on this computer. ” and then click NEXT. This is called AD-Integrated DNS.
15. On Permissions page, select “Permissions compatible only with Windows 2000 or windows server 2003 operating system”, and then click NEXT.
16. On the Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password page, in the password and confirm password boxes, type “password and in confirm password boxes” and then click NEXT.
17. On the Summary page, review the Options you selected, and then click NEXT.
18. The Active Directory Installation begins.
19. When the completing the Active Directory Installation wizard page appears, clicks FINISH, and then Restart Your Computer.